|Falcons CB Robert Alford posts tweet celebrating intercepting Tom Brady in Super Bowl, but then deletes it||02.09.17 at 10:40 am ET|
Atlanta cornerback Robert Alford picked Tom Brady off and returned it 82 yards for a pick-6, which gave the Falcons a 21-0 lead over the Patriots late in the second quarter.
It was a huge play in the game, but in the end it really didn’t matter because the Patriots came back from 25 points down to win the game, 34-28 in overtime.
Don’t tell that to Alford, who posted pictures of the play on Twitter Wednesday night with the caption: 2nd longest interception return of all time in Super Bowl history. Tom Brady’s first postseason interception for a TD in his career. #TAT
It was deleted shortly after it was posted, for obvious reasons, but thankfully a few screenshots captured the post.
— Jeff Rauseo (@Rauseo_Jeff) February 9, 2017
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video