|The History of No. 97||04.12.09 at 12:40 pm ET|
The Patriots have the 97th overall pick in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at who’s been taken 97th overall the last 10 years. (Click on name for complete career stats.)
2008: Andre Caldwell, WR (Cincinnati)
2007: Ray McDonald, DE (San Francisco)
2005: Domonique Foxworth, CB (Denver)
2003: Chris Simms, QB (Tampa Bay)
2002: Coy Wire, SS (Buffalo)
2001: Anthony Henry, DB (Cleveland)
2000: Curtis Keaton, RB (Cincinnati)
1999: John Welbourn, T (Philadelphia)
This year will mark the third time in franchise history it has used the 97th overall selection in the draft. The Patriots took Damon Denson, an offensive lineman out of Michigan, with the 97th overall pick in 1997. In addition, they selected wide receiver/kick returner Sammy Martin out of LSU at No. 97 overall in 1988.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England