|The History of No. 97||04.12.09 at 12:40 pm ET|
The Patriots have the 97th overall pick in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at who’s been taken 97th overall the last 10 years. (Click on name for complete career stats.)
2008: Andre Caldwell, WR (Cincinnati)
2007: Ray McDonald, DE (San Francisco)
2005: Domonique Foxworth, CB (Denver)
2003: Chris Simms, QB (Tampa Bay)
2002: Coy Wire, SS (Buffalo)
2001: Anthony Henry, DB (Cleveland)
2000: Curtis Keaton, RB (Cincinnati)
1999: John Welbourn, T (Philadelphia)
This year will mark the third time in franchise history it has used the 97th overall selection in the draft. The Patriots took Damon Denson, an offensive lineman out of Michigan, with the 97th overall pick in 1997. In addition, they selected wide receiver/kick returner Sammy Martin out of LSU at No. 97 overall in 1988.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats
- Taking Stock of Pats Ahead of Week 4 Bye