|The History of No. 97||04.12.09 at 12:40 pm ET|
The Patriots have the 97th overall pick in this month’s draft. Here’s a look at who’s been taken 97th overall the last 10 years. (Click on name for complete career stats.)
2008: Andre Caldwell, WR (Cincinnati)
2007: Ray McDonald, DE (San Francisco)
2005: Domonique Foxworth, CB (Denver)
2003: Chris Simms, QB (Tampa Bay)
2002: Coy Wire, SS (Buffalo)
2001: Anthony Henry, DB (Cleveland)
2000: Curtis Keaton, RB (Cincinnati)
1999: John Welbourn, T (Philadelphia)
This year will mark the third time in franchise history it has used the 97th overall selection in the draft. The Patriots took Damon Denson, an offensive lineman out of Michigan, with the 97th overall pick in 1997. In addition, they selected wide receiver/kick returner Sammy Martin out of LSU at No. 97 overall in 1988.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...