|Patriots linebacker Tully Banta-Cain underwent Friday surgery for abdominal tear||07.24.11 at 4:27 pm ET|
Patriots outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain underwent surgery for an abdominal tear on Friday, according to a league source. It was an injury he had been dogged by last season, but it flared up during recent offseason workouts.
Banta-Cain, 30, is entering his ninth season in the NFL, and his seventh with the Patriots. Last season, he played in 15 games and ended up with 50 tackles and five sacks. The news was first reported by Shalise Manza-Young of the Boston Globe.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...