|Report: Rob Gronkowski undergoes another surgery on left forearm||02.25.13 at 7:03 pm ET|
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Field Yates, Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski required surgery last week to address an infection in the left forearm that had already required a pair of surgeries. Schefter noted, however, that Gronkowski’s latest surgery is not expected to impact his availability for the 2013 preseason or regular season.
Gronkowski’s elbow infection was caught early enough that he is likely not miss any extended time and is expected to be for camp, tweeted Schefter.
Gronkowski broke his left forearm in November while blocking on a point-after attempt against the Colts. He missed the next five weeks, returned in the regular season finale and then suffered another fracture in the Patriots’ divisional playoff win against the Texans that required another procedure and ended his year.
In 11 games, Gronkowski, 23, caught 55 passes for 790 yards and 11 touchdowns.
For complete Patriots coverage, visit weei.com/patriots.
|Brady recovery slow…||12.28.08 at 12:48 pm ET|
Tom Brady’s recovery from repairs to his left ACL and MCL is slower than normal, according to Tom E. Curran of NBC Sports. Brady was knocked out for the season in a Week 1 hit by Kansas City’s Bernard Pollard in the first quarter at Gillette Stadium.
Once news broke of Brady’s infected knee following Oct. 6 surgery, renowned orthopedic specialist Dr. Tim Kremchek told WEEI.com on Oct. 23 that a setback was likely as Brady recovered.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...