|Patriots owner Robert Kraft: ‘My thoughts and prayers are with Menino family’||10.30.14 at 1:54 pm ET|
Patriots owner Robert Kraft has issued a statement on the passing of Boston Mayor Thomas Menino.
“Today is a sad day for so many in Boston who are mourning the loss of Mayor Menino. Personally, my three favorite memories were the phone calls that I received from the Mayor after each of our Super Bowl victories inviting the Patriots to celebrate with our fans in downtown Boston. I was so happy to accept his invitations. My thoughts and prayers are with Angela and the entire Menino family today.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
|Mayor Menino adds to list of Patriots mispronunciations with ‘Wilcock,’ ‘Gonk’||01.17.13 at 12:36 pm ET|
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino was trying to brag about the Patriots in a televised phone call to the Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings Blake on Wednesday, but once again Menino struggled to get the pronunciations correct.
“We have Tom Brady here,” Menino said. “And Stevan Ridley, I mean, another great guy. And Wilcock. ‘¦ We have it all. [Aaron] Hernandez is going to do a great job. He’ll step in for Gonk because Gonk’s hurt.”
Menino’s past mistakes include confusing Pats kicker Adam Vinatieri with Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek, calling Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo “KJ” and “Hondo,” and referring to Gronkowski and Wes Welker as “Grabowski” and “Wekler.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied