|Patriots owner Robert Kraft: ‘My thoughts and prayers are with Menino family’||10.30.14 at 1:54 pm ET|
Patriots owner Robert Kraft has issued a statement on the passing of Boston Mayor Thomas Menino.
“Today is a sad day for so many in Boston who are mourning the loss of Mayor Menino. Personally, my three favorite memories were the phone calls that I received from the Mayor after each of our Super Bowl victories inviting the Patriots to celebrate with our fans in downtown Boston. I was so happy to accept his invitations. My thoughts and prayers are with Angela and the entire Menino family today.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
|Mayor Menino adds to list of Patriots mispronunciations with ‘Wilcock,’ ‘Gonk’||01.17.13 at 12:36 pm ET|
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino was trying to brag about the Patriots in a televised phone call to the Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings Blake on Wednesday, but once again Menino struggled to get the pronunciations correct.
“We have Tom Brady here,” Menino said. “And Stevan Ridley, I mean, another great guy. And Wilcock. ‘¦ We have it all. [Aaron] Hernandez is going to do a great job. He’ll step in for Gonk because Gonk’s hurt.”
Menino’s past mistakes include confusing Pats kicker Adam Vinatieri with Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek, calling Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo “KJ” and “Hondo,” and referring to Gronkowski and Wes Welker as “Grabowski” and “Wekler.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England