|Niners GM Trent Baalke heralds contributions of ex-Patriots receiver Randy Moss||02.21.13 at 10:46 am ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Niners GM Trent Baalke had nothing but good things to say about former Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss, who just wrapped up his first season with San Francisco.
According to Baalke, Moss, who had 28 catches for 434 yards and three touchdowns this past season for the Niners, is “one of the smartest football players” he’s ever been around. However, he wouldn’t guarantee a return to the Bay Area for the 37-year-old Moss, who is an unrestricted free agent.
“Randy is a pro. I can’t say enough good things about Randy, and I think if you ask anyone within our organization, they would say the same thing,” Baalke said Thursday morning at the scouting combine. “One of the first guys to work every day. One of the last guys to leave. A guy who takes great care of his body. Is probably on of the smartest football players — if not the smartest football player I’ve been around. He grasped the offense very quickly, and was a real leader in that group, in that room. We’re certainly happy that he was there. Is he going to return this year? I don’t know that yet.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty